Advanced preproduced beats electribe esx tuto
DISCLAIMER: my english is experimental (just like my music)
Almost everybody uses drumparts for creating beats: I don't, and I want to make people aware that you can use it in many ways. Drumprogramming on the electribe is fun but it easily puts you into a problematic dynamics-cage. I use drumparts as decoration for my own preproduced beats (like a hihat or snare here and there).
In this tutorial I combine the advantages of DAW/plugins with the electribe esx.
Result: inter-changable beats regardless of which pattern is playing, and your tubes can handle the final signal in a much more delicate way.
1) create a beat with your DAW (or sample an electribe esx beat)
2) process it with plugins to create a consistent dynamic range for all (future) beats
3) sample 2 beats (kick-hihat-kick-hihat) into your electribe
4) turn the pitch down to create precise start- and endpoints.
5) load the beat to a stretchpart
6) trigger every even note
7) step edit: apply startpoints for every note: 0,32,64,96,0,32,64,96
8) optional: apply the repeat feature (select 1.00) if you want a long pattern
9) make sure the first EGTime type is selected (the ramp one) + motion seq = trighold
10) play with the egtime knob and have fun!
11) switch beat-samples on the fly :)
Hope this helps. Big respect for danieklerr (Sauce) & Jeff (OpenElectribe). The ESX has much hidden areas which are to be explored. Lets put the skilllevel higher and higher! Its possibilities are in the hands of its user. Don't fool yourself that this machine has low specs, the fun thing about this realtime 'mini-daw' is that many features can be accessed in realtime (and parallel!). The resampling feature literally enables unlimited possibilities, one groove gives birth to another, its almost a fractal. Oh yes, and you don't have to worry about midimappings,plugins,updates,latency,soundcards..leave that for the computers :)
tutorial electribe compression mastering beats daw plugins esx preparation preproducing production trick leondustar